Between notes, junk mail, fun photos and the endless "to-do" pile- it's easy for your desk to be cluttered and messy. But, how's a girl supposed to get any work done with all this mess?
- First, clear everything off your desk. Yes, everything. Then clean it. Take out any drawers and clean them with an eco-friendly spray (we love Mrs. Meyers's Countertop Spray in lavender). Make sure to get the sides and the handles. All over!
- Recycle, shred or file every piece of paper, receipt, rogue Post-It:
- Junk mail- recycle it
- Important info like credit card statements, paid bills or insurance forms- either shred or file these guys. I keep my shredder on top of my garbage can under my desk so I can shred right away!
-Sentimental items- keep a folder or box for concert stubs, playbills or first-date mementos
- Throw all pens, scissors, and pencils into a small bucket or coffee cup for a cute, fun pencil holder. Make sure to toss any dried up pens or too little pencils.
- Only leave other office accessories on your desk that you use daily. If you can't remember the last time you used it- stash it in a drawer dedicated to other office supplies like staplers, label makers, extra Post Its, envelopes and more.
- Make sure to invest in a soft light that is bright enough to light up your space, but isn't blinding. I love this vintage-inspired desk lamp from IKEA.
- Create a space that inspires you. Hang up bulletin board paper or make a chalkboard wall using Magna Magic. Write down inspirational quotes or tape up fun images from Pinterest (like these!), you want to create a place where you feel inspired, and more importantly, productive.
Image via Pinterest